Crane Aerospace & Electronics. respects your right to privacy. We are committed to collecting and using your personal data for necessary business purposes lawfully, fairly and transparently while ensuring that appropriate security measures are applied to protect the integrity and confidentiality of your personal data. This is consistent with our policy of complying with all applicable privacy and data protection laws, and reflects the value we place on maintaining the trust of our customers, business partners, employees and others who share their personal information with us.
Overview of how we handle personal data
The term “personal data” refers to any data about you which you give to us, to identify you, in the course of our relationship, whether you are a customer, a supplier, an employee, an investor, or candidate applying for a job with us.
- We only handle the personal data you provide to us and we will let you know what personal data we hold whenever you ask.
- When you share your personal data with us, we won’t share it with outside entities without informing you, unless we are required to do so by local laws.
- We only handle your personal data when we need to, such as when processing your application, when you want to buy our products or when we want to purchase something from you. If you are an investor, we only use the data you have given us to provide you with the information you have requested.
- We will not retain your data for longer than necessary. Once your data is no longer needed, we delete it.
- If you would like us to update or delete your personal data, please let us know. We will do our best to handle your request in a timely manner.
- Your personal data will only be used to satisfy the purpose for which you shared it with us. Should we wish to use it for another purpose we will get your permission in advance.
- Should we need to complete a credit evaluation or handle your payment information, we will get your approval before doing so.
- Due to the sensitivity of our products, markets and customers, background checks may be periodically needed. They are undertaken only by approved partners, and we will let you know when one is required.
- Where regulations require, we verify clearance against European External Action Service, United States Department of Commerce Denied Persons screening, and as required by local laws or specific industry requirements.
Overview of security policies
It is our responsibility to handle your personal data with care, and we have policies and technology in place designed to protect individuals’ personal data. Our objective is to make your data available only to people who need to have access to it.
Consistent with this, we have security processes in place to identify potential inconsistencies in handling of personal data, including continuous review of logs and security files from our computerized systems. Log and security files are used to track the flow of where your data may go. When appropriate, we will involve approved third-party professionals or data security experts to assist in the maintenance of these systems.
For specialized data-related processes, we only use approved suppliers who have been selected for their ability to complete the assigned work securely and safely. We hold these suppliers to the same standards to which we hold ourselves and we maintain records of their processing activities.
One such specialized process is email security. All internet messages are filtered automatically for spam, viruses, and offensive terms. Emails may travel across international borders for some of our operations. We do not accept encrypted email messages, as we cannot determine if they are safe for our operations.
At all times, we respect our obligations towards and agreements with you, our business partners, and the local authorities. When there appears to be a conflict between our obligations and agreements we will let you know and help get you the answers you need.
We are also committed to working with local data protection supervisory authorities to ensure the effectiveness of our privacy program.
Data protection officer
Please send your questions, comments, and concerns in writing by posted mail directly to our Privacy Office.
Attn: Privacy Office
Crane Aerospace & Electronics
6700 13th Avenue West
Lynnwood, WA 98037USA
For convenience, you may email firstname.lastname@example.org any of your questions, concerns or requests.
International transfers of personal data
As a global company with multiple operations, we may share your personal data among locations, business units, and functions, as appropriate based on your business with us. Your shared data will be limited to only what is needed and used as appropriate to your request.
Your information may be sent to jurisdictions, including the United States, which may not provide an equivalent level of data protection to the laws in your home country. We use model contracts to control transfers and processing, whether online or offline, of all personal data representing applicants, employees, customers, suppliers, investors and all other Data Subjects contacting Crane Co. its affiliates and subsidiaries, wherever they may be.
We participate in the E.U.-U.S. Privacy Shield Framework (the “Framework”), a framework designed to ensure that transfers of personal data between the EU and the US are covered by the same protections offered by EU law. Our participation in the Framework applies to personal data about employees received in the United States from the European Union (“EU Employee Data”). We commit to subjecting all EU Employee Data we receive to the Framework requirements. We provide notice to employees and other covered data subjects in Europe about the collection, use, and disclosure of their EU Employee Data through internal company policies. To learn more about the Framework, visit the U.S. Department of Commerce’s Privacy Shield List here. Employees in Europe or others with inquiries or complaints should reach out to the Crane Privacy Shield Contact at email@example.com.
You have the right to request and receive information about how we process your personal data in a transparent, concise, intelligible and easily accessible way. You also have the right to ask us to rectify, restrict and erase the personal data we hold about you, as well as the right to data portability.
You have the right to file a complaint with a Supervisory Authority in the country where you live, work or notice a problem with our activities. Click here for a list of data protection bodies in the EU and abroad along with details on how to contact them.
For Customers and Business Partners
For customers (buyers) and suppliers (sales) our legal basis of processing personal data is for the performance of a contract to which you are a party, or in order to take steps at your request prior to entering into a contract, namely the purchase and sales contracts you initiate with us. The personal data we process includes your professional contact information which is used in the fulfillment of contractual terms. This data is retained as a book and record of the company for the purpose of demonstrating our shared legal interests. Information is stored in both online and offline formats as appropriate to the location of product production or delivery of the service. Adequate protections are assured through the use of model contracts and standard contractual clauses.
For Employees, Applicants and Retirees
For job applicants, employees, and retirees, our legal basis of processing personal data is for the performance of a contract to which you are a party, or in order to take steps at your request prior to entering into a contract, namely employment contracts. The data used is your personal information necessary for our payroll obligations, benefits, pensions, and other local regulatory reporting which is used in the fulfillment of contractual terms which we share with you at time of enrollment. Should you provide information about your family, it is used in the enrollment of benefits you wish to include them in. You may also wish to identify them as an emergency contract, should we need to reach them for your welfare. Your family information is retained only as long as it is needed for the delivery of benefits. Your personal data is retained as a book and record of the company, for the purpose of demonstrating our shared legal interests and should you require the future financial assistance of the Crane Fund. Information is stored in both online and offline formats. Adequate protections are assured through the use of model contracts and standard contractual clauses.
For the Investment Community
For investors, our legal basis of processing personal data is legitimate interest. We only use information you share with us through our website or by your written request, either in paper or email format. You may request us to update or delete information at any time. We don’t use this information for any other purpose other than to fulfill your request for information. Adequate protections are assured through the use of model contracts and standard contractual clauses.
About our Locations
Many of our facilities use security monitoring technologies, including but not limited to security cameras, motion/sound detection, and access control systems. Use of the internet within our facilities is also monitored. These systems are used to protect people, property, and products. Access to these systems is limited to appropriate personnel and service companies.
Guests will be required to identify themselves by providing professional identification, up to and including government issued documents for secure areas. Guest access will be recorded and retained for safety, review, and investigations.
About our Website
We use the following types of cookies:
- Strictly necessary Cookies. These are Cookies that are required for the operation of our website. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of our website and to customize your account and news profile.
- Analytical/performance Cookies. These allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our websites when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our websites work, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
- Functionality Cookies. These Cookies are used to recognise you when you return to our website. This enables us to personalise our content for you, greet you by name and remember your preferences (for example, your choice of language or region).
- Targeting Cookies. These Cookies record your visit to our website, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. We will use this information to make our website and the advertising displayed on it more relevant to your interests. We may also share this information with third parties for this purpose.
Private, InPrivate and Incognito browsing will delete all cookies when you close your web browser. Clearing your browser history will also let you delete any cookies stored on your computer.
We maintain appropriate technical and organizational security measures to protect the security of your Personal Information against the loss, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure or alteration.
The privacy practices set forth in this Privacy Statement are for our Websites only. These Websites may contain links to other sites. Crane Aerospace & Electronics is not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of such other sites. If you link to or otherwise visit any other site, please review the privacy policies posted at that site